Ends Attempted Overthrow of Government
by Gloria Dulan-Wilson
As we all are all to painfully aware, the US government has been under seige – and nearly literally with a gun at the head of the President via the rep-ugh-blicans (new name for them – rep-ugly-cans) who thought so little of their constituents and the American public, that they shut down the government in an insipid attempt to derail the Affordable Care Act, affectionately known as ObamaCare (because he does “care” that is).
It’s unconsciounable to think that this is the end of the kind of lunacy these individuals are capable of; and, had they not pulled the same kind of b.s. when President Bill Clinton was in office, I would probably couch it as racist in its scope. However, as bad as that is, this is even more insidious, because this the kind of evil that the rep-ugly-cans are. And it’s gone on far too long, and much too often to be allowed to continue unchallenged on the part of We, the People.
While the 800,000 who were furloughed breathe a sigh of relief as they go back to their jobs, we have to take a much more critical eye about this, and say: do we want these kinds of people in charge of the well being of our nation?
My answer, and hope yours, is HELL NO!!
While the newspapers tout the fact that the rep-ugly-cans have really shot themselves in the foot this time, I am cautiously optimistic that this is true. However, I don’t totally have faith in that, because this is the America that elected two of the worst ( well actually three, if you count Reagan) presidents into office, despite the obvious facts that neither of them were competent or intelligent – I’m of course talking about Bush I and Bush II.
There was a hint that they could possibly steal the mid-term election because of the deep pockets of their backers, whose interests are not in our best interest at all. So I want to say several things here:
1) Thank you President Obama for standing up to bullies and not allowing yourself or the Democratic party to be intimidated by this crap. We The People love your cool, calm, intelligent, large and in charge demeanor in the face of insanity. You are our hero.
2) Kudos to the brothers and sisters on FaceBook who remained steadfast and loyal to the President and kept the information flowing, despite the detractors who tried to horn in with their lies. We should be so proud of each other.
3) Likewise, kudos and respect to the members of the Congressional Black Caucus who participated in the demonstration, which got you arrested; but showed you were neither distracted, nor impressed or distressed by the rep-ugly-cans’ b.s. You were still working in behalf of other constituents and taking care of important matters, while at the same time being up to your eyebrows in alligators.
4) Americans should launch a class-action suit against the rep-ugly-can party and the tea baggers for crimes against society; and for treason – the attempt to overthrow the government is treason, you know.
5) Those states whose representatives participated in this debacle should have immediate recall procedures to rid themselves of them, and replace them with people who really represent their well being. And they should be docked for their salaries for each day they did not work as a result of shutting down the government. (start with Ted Cruz, and work your way up). We should not have to wait until the mid-term elections in 2014 to get them out. One year – one day – is too long to allow them to continue mis-representing their constituents. Time to take out the trash NOW!
6) The rep-ugly-cans should immediately replace Boehner as speaker, because he doesn’t speak for them – or at least that’s what they say.
7) Obama has to veto any bill that would cut funds to food stamps, or to social security. Normal cost of living increases to Social Security must be restored immediately, if not sooner.
8) In any and all upcoming elections, vote Democrat, no matter what the position is, even in heavily rep-ugly-can states. If there is no Democratic candidate, select one and back him or her; or run yourself. We cannot go forward with the weight of their ignorance and depraved indifference dragging us backwards.
9) Everybody write President a letter of praise and gratitude for his clarity and his courage; and write the House and Senate rep-ugly-cans letters of consternation and condemnation about their ignorance and insipid behavior.
10) Make sure you are all registered to vote, no matter where you live, no matter what kinds of obstacles they try to throw in front of you to thwart you. And remember, dollars don’t vote, people do, so that if the Koch boys or the others try to buy your vote to keep these creeps in, take the money, and vote Democratic any way.
Stay Blessed &
bullet Columnist Gloria Dulan-Wilson Is a veteran New York City Journalist. Her experiences, perspective & sense of history are an invaluable combination. “check out my blog:” www.gloria-dulan-wilson.blogspot.com